Virocid is a wide spectrum viricidal, bactericidal, and fungicidal, Defra approved disinfectant for use in livestock housing, animal transport and feed storage.
A blended disinfectant Virocid is a synergetic mixture of two different quaternary ammonia (a single chain: alkyldimethylbenzylammoniumchloride and a twin chain: didecyldimethylammoniumchloride, thus broadening the spectrum of the quaternary ammonium group), Glutaraldehyde, Isopropanol and Pine oil. Due to its sophisticated and continuously improved formulation, Virocid can be used at extremely low dilutions.
- Highly efficient to kill bacteria, spores, viruses and fungi
- Residual action
- No resistance
- Very low dilution rate
- Extremely economical cost- in-use
- Versatile usage: spraying, foaming, fogging, booth dips, wheel dips
- Active at all temperatures
- Effective in hard water (even sea water)
- Effective in presence of organic matter
- Safe for equipment (neutral pH) and environment friendly
- Livestock housing and transport
- Storage and processing rooms for feed and food
- Food transport
- Boots and wheels via dipping baths
First clean the surfaces thoroughly using a detergent such as Biogel. Once the surfaces are dry apply Virocid at 0.25 - 0.5% (1:400 - 1:200) by spraying or foaming (allow 1L of solution per 4 M2).
For fogging use 1 - 2 litres in 4 litres water for 1000 M3. Foot and wheel dips: 0,5-1%, renew solution regularly. Truck spray: 0,25-1%. Hatching: egg disinfection: 20% (25 ml solution per M3).
Defra approved dilutions
Foot and Mouth Disease Orders - 1:100
Swine Vesicular Disease Orders - 1:100
Diseases of Poultry Order and the Avian Influenza and Influenza of Avian Origin in Mammals Orders - 1:60
Tuberculosis Orders - Not approved
General Orders - 1:33
Virocid 20 Litres
- Brand: CID Lines
- Product Code: VIROCID20L
- Availability: In Stock